Menu
Bernard7
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old kit use

I have received and successfully installed by new TV V6 box. The accompanying booklet says I will be told how I can swap the old box with my current second box. This is important to me as when I previously got a replacement for my old 2nd box, the new 2nd box couldn't download any channels and so I have been without a 2nd box since then. As at the time I had not had an email which should have been sent to me with some kind of authorisation number for the replacement box, I followed the then instructions and rang the supposed help-line. After three mammoth sessions on that line with people who seemed to know nothing about the procedure and being given promises of being contacted by an engineer, which never materialised, I gave up and hence have been over-billed ever since for a service I have not been receiving. Any chance things will be put right now?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old kit use

Call it in -- 08.00 midweek, is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you sort it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bernard7,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear about your old TV box not being activated. I'm unsure whether you've managed to get them activated since you last posted, and if not, can you tell me what the agents said when you last contacted us? Were they able to find the equipment and to send the activation signals to the TV Boxes?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Bernard7
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, I haven't been able to activate the replacement 2nd box. I tried again yesterday with the same result, The screen shows all the activation messages then gets stuck on 33% of channels downloaded until it tells me it can't get any channel information. When I last contacted you (quite a while ago), after long conversations with your representatives I was told (as I had been told previously) that an engineer would be in touch with me withing 24 hours. No such contact was made. Hence I have been a long time without a second set which I could use for anything other than freeview. To the best of my recollection your representative seemed unable to find any mention on my account of a second box being sent to me.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bernard7

Can I please ask what box it is that you are having the issue with?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Bernard7
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem box is the Virgin TV V6 box.

0 Kudos
Bernard7
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You seem to have gone silent. Nor have I yet had an answer to three emails on the subject to the Virgin Media team. As I've pointed out to them, we have a contract which isn't been fulfilled on your side.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bernard7,

Sorry to see you still have problems with your V6 box.

You won't receive a reply to your emails because Vurgin don't have a customer facing email address.

Have you actually called to the Activation line to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500?

How are you connecting the V6 to your broadband?  Are you using an ethernet cable or wifi?

If you're using an ethernet cable can you plug both ends into the router and make sure they both light up please.

You could also speak to TV Faults by calling  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Or you can try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.

Hopefully a member of Forum Staff will pick this up for you again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Boxes stuck at 33% can also have faulty tuners or signal issues.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos