Menu
dehwilmot
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Notification re network cable connection keeps popping up

After watching TV for say 30 minutes using 'TV V6 box powered by Tivo' I get a 'Notification' at the top of the screen saying then 'Network cable connected. Set up a wired network? Yes / No. 

Clicking OK on the Samsung Remote (not the Virgin remote), and again, and it goes away, only to come back a short time later and this goes on and on and is incredibly annoying. We have no problem watching I-player, Netflix, ITV catch-up so the network cable connection is obviously working so why the constant barrage of these pointless notifications??

Really hope someone can help. 

Regards

Dennis

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notification re network cable connection keeps popping up

A few thoughts re this, in no particular order..

You say that you dismiss this message using the TV remote, not the Virgin one. Does this mean it's an error being generated by your TV, rather than your Virgin box?

On the assumption that it is a V6 error, it is what you'd expect if the Ethernet cable is unplugged and you don't have a WiFi connection saved. So it could either be a software gremlin - but thisn't one that I've ever come across on here.

That your VoD & streaming still work, and your comment about the Samsung remote, are ringing alarm bells that this "may" not be the VM box generating it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notification re network cable connection keeps popping up

Hello dehwilmot

Thanks for taking the time to contact us in regards the message displayed on your TV, it does seem really strange and we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As japitts has mentioned, have you been able to discover if this is a message from the V6 box or from the TV? Do you have your TV and your V6 box connected via ethernet?

Rob

0 Kudos