Menu
Therealbosshogg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nothing working, customer support a waste of time

We have Virgin media, home phone and Tivo tv, for the past 4 weeks only the normal tv channels have worked. Catch up code V210, on demand code V210, search and discover temp unavailable, apps and games nothing at all, wont even show any apps, help code A01. 

Finally managed to speak to a human yesterday (Saturday 30th October 21), after 40 minutes on the phone, i was told turn off the tv box leave 20 minutes then it could take up to 2 hrs to restore, its now Sunday 31st October a good 15hrs later and still nothing. To add insult to injury while i was held 40 minutes on the phone they tried to sell me all sorts, my reply, i already have your product that doesnt work, why would i want more. The virgin help page is a joke just sends you round in circles with no happy outcome at all. 

Can anyone from the community help, as this tivo box is about to be used as a catherine wheel and virgin are as much good as a chocolate fire guard. Thanks in advance, Boss Hogg.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nothing working, customer support a waste of time

Before going any further, which box do you have? You've referenced a TiVo but posted in the V6 board. It's not a problem, but the two boxes are very different in how they connect to the internet - which seems to largely be the issue you're having.

If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Therealbosshogg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts, Virgin  TV V6 box, ether lead connection, catch up showing V210, on demand V210, search and discover temp unavailable, apps and games nothing at all, help A01

Cheers

Boss Hogg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On a V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right.

If an IP address is displayed, check the LHS for 6hourly calls home - and whether success or failure is reported. If failure - what's the reason given?

Regardless of the 6hour status, if you have an IP address in the top-right, select "Connect to VM services now" at the bottom and retry using VoD in perhaps 30minutes.

Has your V6 worked with this Ethernet cable previously? If yes, what's changed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Therealbosshogg
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Called, virgin, this time actually got someone who knew what they where doing, they are sending a tech out with a new box next  week, looks like this one is as we say in the trade knackered.

Cheers

Boss Hogg

Tags (1)
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Therealbosshogg,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your TV box, I understand how frustrating this can be. 

I'm glad to hear that you have been able to have a technician appointment booked in. Please keep us updated on how your visit gets on and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos