Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not showing all channels on TV, but app has everything

Hi. I've just returned to Virgin from BT and set up my TV yesterday. I've got the Maxit package, but I can only see a handful of channels (BBC One, ITV, Five, and a few of Virgin's own channels) when viewing through the TV. Everything is set up correctly, as far as I can see (Ethernet all fine), and the broadband is fine. I can't access the Help section on the V6 box itself.

However, via the app on my phone, I can access all the channels as part of my package, leading me to think there's either a problem with the V6 box or I've missed a step somewhere in activating the channels on the box.

Curiously, when selecting Help, the V6 box says to call 'UNKNOWN' to resolve it. Is there anyone I need to call to activate the channels? Have I missed a step in installation? 

I've reset the V6 box and run several connection checks through the Settings tab, and everything seems fine.

Appreciate that the team are very busy and this is a very trivial issue at this time, but any support would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not showing all channels on TV, but app has everything

I presume you phoned in to activate the box if so do you get any error message?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith.

I wasn't told to call any number when setting up and there was nothing in the package or instructions about calling up. 

I've Googled the company's activation number and have been in a text conversation since Wednesday. I've been passed from TV to Tech support and I'm still nowhere. Appreciate that they're busy.

I'm also seeing error code V210 on Catch-up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just in case you got a wrong'un the activation number is :- 0800 953 9500

If you get no luck there call "retentions" on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" and if you get an offshore agent just insist you are calling to cancel and they have to connect you to the UK Cancellations Dep. - they will sort you as they dont want to lose customers - especially in the first 14 day free period. Note calling around 8-9 am is the best time

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers. I'm on hold now.

It's ridiculous. I've been bounced from TV to tech twice in the last two days. Have had to put in security answers three times to get through via text and still nothing in three hours since the last message.

It's pretty poor, especially as there was no mention of needing to call to activate anything when I signed up and nothing in my self-installation pack to tell me to call up to activate anything.

Curiously, I've got all channels on my phone via the app, so obviously it's not a subscription error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just been on hold for 12 minutes and then cut off.

Ridiculous lack of communication. The package I was sent with my Hub and V6 box has nothing about calling to activate. Their videos have nothing about it either. I was told when I was sold the contract that it was plug in and start watching.

I've had it since Monday and not been able to watch anything through the box. Have re-installed the box multiple times, re-connected to the Virgin Media network through the Settings page multipe times, and nothing. Just BBC One, ITV, 4, and 5 through the box.

No support whatsoever.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There are problems on the CS help lines since the Phillipines went into Covid-19 lockdown.
Keep trying - early morning is better between 8-9 am.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Definitely speak to them again and ask them to activate. 0345 454 1111

Saw your post as I was on hold and I had exactly the same issue. When I finally spoke to someone they said it was because I hadn't activated my box, but the instructions clearly state that's automatic and you don't need to. Even finding the activation number myself then didn't work.

Anyway they did it instantly over the phone and it's now sorted. Good luck!

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just did that and finally got my channels through that number. Cheers.

Don't have Catch Up or On Demand yet (V273 code for both), presumably it just takes time for that to load in.

It's a bit ridiculous that their self-installation packs give no instruction to call to activate. They really ought to be activated their end before they send the packs out if they're not going to put that information in the pack.

0 Kudos