Menu
Fudge1
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not getting the channels im paying for

Please can I arrange an engineer to come out. 

I am paying for the mix it tv, which I believed you get 112 channels. I am only getting 5.

I had an engineer out yesterday to connect the TV because it wouldn't work for the last 2 weeks. The error code 7400 is permanently on the screen. He just said "don't worry about that". 

Christmas is coming up and I have small children and we want to be able to enjoy Christmas TV as a family.

Please help!!!!

0 Kudos
Fudge1
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No channels and error code 7400

Had an engineer out to connect tv etc and error 7400 wont go. Tested for faults and none. 

I also pay for mix tv but im only getting 5 basic channels. I thought I'm paying for 112.

How can I get them? It says I have to upgrade. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting the channels im paying for

There's not necessarily a need for an engineer to resolve this error - just following the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 should be sufficient, and C/S should be able to resolve this in most cases.

If, for whatever reason they couldn't, then the correct action was taken in arranging an engineer visit as sounds like happened in this case. Just to be clear (and this is not criticising you, just trying to clarify what's happened here), are you saying a V/M engineer was called out for this error, and has left it unresolved with the comment you've referred to?

You can check the channels included in the Mixit bundle on the table at the bottom of this page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Fudge1
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I was sent an engineer out (which was hard enough trying to get one) to sort the cables out. He had to recable through the outside wall.

He didn't show me how to use it. Just said look at your leaflets. Its says leave it for 30 mins and the code error should go. I've checked for faults. All cone back clear. It says the box hasn't been activated. Should the engineer not of activated it?

If I go onto to the TV guide, I can see all the channels but I can only access 1 2 3,4 and 5. 

I'm not sure what else to try other than veing on the phone for another 2 hours trying to get hold of technical help. 

Any ideas?

Thats why I think I need an engineer to come and sort the issue out. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Were you a VM TV customer prior to this install visit, or was it the addition of an additional box? I'm trying to establish here, whether the appointment was...

1: For the install of all your services? In this case I would expect their remit to be the install & setup, and to leave you with working equipment.

2: For the install of an additional box? Refer to point 1.

3: For the "non-fault" amendment to internal cabling, potentially a grey area here as regards dealing with (what was potentially to them) a newly reported fault. Others on here are more familiar with install procedure.

The advice on the online page culminates in the recommendation to call VM C/S, quoting Error 7400, where a C/S agent should be able to activate the box for you, and you can often do it automatically without needing to queue. Quite often new equipment is sent out pre-activated, and the act of connecting it up is sufficient, some do slip through the net.

Last but not least... is this a V6 box (as opposed to a TiVo) - check here if you're not sure . Only asking because the V6 does need an internet connection via your VM homehub, and if that's not inplace, then activation could well fail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Fudge1
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know its a v6 but I believe it is also connected to the broadband hub. 

We are new customers to virgin. I called every day for at least a week and intended for over an hour to never get through to anyone or to get put on hold again.

So yes I believe the engineer should have left it in fully working order for us to use. 

Is it too much to ask for an engineer to come out?

I've tried all the checks for code error and nothing. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok, there's something not right here (in terms of process)

I would recommend, if you're able, to call in and be patient/persistent (as appropriate) - if it's a "simple" box activation issue, that will probably be the quickest way of resolving it.

I have escalated this post to VM forum staff to have a look over in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Fudge1
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

I feel I have tried my end. 

I will call and see if I get anywhere. Which phone number do you suggest as I've called so many trying to get hold of anyone. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No channels and error code 7400

Hi that code means the box needs activating the activation number is 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the box to hand. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fudge1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're still having some issues with the services even after having an engineer out, this isn't good. 

I've gone and booked you the next available engineer visit, the details can be found via your online account so if it doesn't suit you can change it from there. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and I'm sure we'll have the channels sorted very soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos