Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Non-receipt of order on agreed date for delivery.

I received a letter sent by Virgin Media dated May 2020 which advised me that I was eligible for a free upgrade to a V6 box to keep my second TV box services up and running. I responded to your letter on 8 June. I selected the first available date for delivery, which was between 7am and 9pm on 18 June. I waited in vain for delivery on that date. I attached a similar message to another thread a week or so ago but have not yet received a reply. I was then advised to set up my own thread to make it easier for a Forum Team member to pick up my query, so here goes!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Non-receipt of order on agreed date for delivery.

When I had a new box sent out I got emails and text messages ahead of the delivery day and on the day itself.

Did you see any confirmation of that date being agreed? It may be things were delayed due to the lockdown.

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On reflection I have every sympathy for Virgin Media and its staff at this difficult time. I assume the booking system continues to create delivery dates irrespective of whether the despatch and delivery system is able to meet demand under the present circumstances. Reading between the lines it seems that when the date of non-delivery arrives the system is programmed to assume delivery is complete thus a charge to the relevant account is applied. I am concerned that the system may well have recorded my free V6 box as received, as the day selected for delivery has now passed. I would like confirmation, if this is the case, that my order will not be ignored when working practices return to normal. Keeping the 'select your delivery date' system running is important as this creates a record of outstanding orders. I feel left in the dark so a positive statement from Virgin Media would allay my fears.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Royalblue1

Sorry you have had to post on our Forums 

I can see that the V6 box has been delivered now for you 

Have you been able to set this up?

If you need help, let me know please

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gareth_L

Thank you for responding.

There appears to be some unfortunate confusion here. I have definitely not yet received the V6 box. I did receive, though, a Hub4 this Monday in an upgrade from Hub3. Receipt of the Hub4 resulted from a telephone call to me last week from the call centre in the Philippines, during which I was advised I was eligible for the upgrade. If official records indicate that I have received the V6 box the records need to be amended and the matter investigated. My understanding is that emails confirming despatch with tracking information is notified to the recipient before delivery, as is confirmation of delivery. I have received no such emails regarding the V6 box.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the explanation Royalblue1

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you and get it sorted out
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos