Menu
dustybin154
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Noisy V6 box

My TiVo 6 box has started.making very loud vibrating noises intermittently that can be heard over the TV 

Do I need a new box? I could hear the fan before if everything was off 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy V6 box

Hi this sounds like the hard drive is failing call 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone go down the TV faults route. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
dustybin154
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've tried to follow your advice which is much appreciated it just runs checks then says everything is fine thanks for calling and hangs up.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Quite often the automated system will try running diagnostics and remote fixes and then decline to put you through to a faults agent. Calling back 10minutes later when the fix has failed, tends to get you into the queue in these instances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dustybin154, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear that the set top box is not functioning as it should be. This will most likely require an engineer to resolve. Can you confirm if you have managed to speak to us regarding this or still require assistance? Chris. 

0 Kudos
dustybin154
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No I havnt managed to speak to anybody yet keep getting the same automated service so yes I still require assistance please

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dustybin154, thanks for the reply, I will send you a private message to get this looked into for you. Chris.  

0 Kudos