Menu
Lizbot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No telly

My v6 box wont get past the welcome screen, then no signal, I've switched it off and on again, unplugged everything and plugged it back in. If I leave it on its just the white light that flashes when I press the remote button, and at one point it went red, but I can't remember what combination of unplugging, switching elicited this outcome. I ran the tests and service staus doodahs and was assured all is well, which is nice and optimistic yet untrue. Wifi working fine. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No telly

Looks like you'll have to call Customer Services on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Be prepared for all sorts of stupid advice, like 'reboot the box' and 'try another input' (they simply read off a script).

Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lizbot,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm really sorry that you've had this issue with your V6 box?

Could you please confirm that you have tried rebooting the V6 box? Could you also confirm that all of the wires connected to your TV and your V6 box are fully connected and secure?

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Lizbot
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, yes they are, unlike me.

0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Lizbot wrote:

Yes, yes they are, unlike me.

😀🤣

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lizbot,

thanks for letting us know.

If your box is failing to start up we will probably need to replace the box, it sounds like its at the end of its days.

We currently have very low equipment stock at the moment, so sadly I cannot send out a replacement to you as a delivery, however I've arranged an engineer visit for you so that if they cannot fix the fault during the appointment they will be able to replace the box for you there and then.

Let me know how the visit goes and if you need anything else.

Beth

0 Kudos
Lizbot
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Beth

0 Kudos
Lizbot
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The visit went marvellously, I now have telly and the lovely man even drilled a hole so I could put my modem in my cupboard, which when I attempted made a burning smell.😁

0 Kudos