Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No suggestions

Whenever I go to Suggestions on the V6 box, there are none.  I'm not sure I am seeing the point of this feature.  I have two dozen shows 'thumbed' (which is odd in itself, because I have 36 shows on Series Link, and I thought every series linked show got a thumb).

One of my series links (which is mysteriously no longer thumbed) was The Big Bang Theory, but the box didn't bother to record the two tribute shows that were aired on the same night as the final episode.

One of my series links is Horizon, but there are two shows in the Horizon strand that my box didn't bother to record at all (on 1 July and 8 July).  They weren't in Suggestions either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No suggestions

Are Suggestions set to record?

Go to "Help & Settings" from the main menu.
Select "Settings"
Select "Recordings", then "Suggestions" - make sure this is "on"

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Indeed they were not turned on.  Is it set that way at the factory?  If so, why?

I suggest  tweaking the "There are currently no Suggestions in your list" screen to include some help about this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Personally, if the default is indeed OFF, then that is correct for me as it avoids all those complaints of ‘why is the box recording stuff I didn’t set’? 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos