Menu
seantryner101
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No start up on the V6 box

Hi, recieved our new V6 box today, followed all the instructions properly, uninstalled our old box, all the cables are in properly. The first switch on got as far as the wi fi and speed test screen, that was all fine then nothing else loaded up.

Restarted it because nothing was happening, and now we only get as far as 'starting up' then its a black screen. Never gets any further. I've changed hdmi ports and switched off at the plug. Nothing starts our box up.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No start up on the V6 box

Hi seantryner101,

It sounds like the box needs activating. Have you followed the instructions here?  Virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 

You could try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
seantryner101
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks, how does my box get activated? The instructions on the link you gave don't really do anything, it just runs a test but they all come back fine 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you follow the link that newapollo has posted, it should guide you through the online steps.

If they fail, then call 0800 9539500 with the box details handy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
seantryner101
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but i don't get any error codes, or any flashing lights. I've just got a black screen and the box just shows a stable white light. It says on the link if you still can't connect after 30 minutes to check your service status. The status says its fine but i get no further than 'starting up'

I plugged it in at 10:00 this morning, i got further than this on the first plug in, but it never got me onto any tv

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The stable white light on the V6 means it's on and working. If you're getting a black screen, are you sure your TV is tuned to the correct HDMI input?

If you press the standby button on your V6 remote twice, does the LED go orangey red? And back to white if you press it twice again? (This is putting the V6 into standby and back out again)

You might even find that bringing the box out of standby might trigger your TV to tune to the correct input.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
seantryner101
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no it won't go orange or red when pressed twice, it won't go into standby its always solid white.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi on your TV remote select the input button square with an arrow into it, select the HDMI 1 or 2 or whichever port on the TV the V6 is plugged into that should find the picture and sound. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
seantryner101
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, these are some of the first things i did. I've tried completely starting again and stripped the whole lot back to when it got delivered. Still no picture after the 'starting up' screen.

I work 12 hr shifts i can't phone up until the weekend. There is either an activation problem or my box is faulty. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again the activation number is 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the box to hand. Regards Micky
0 Kudos