cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speaking audio on some channels

WeeClare
Up to speed

Some of my channels, including Amazon and Netflix are having problems with the audio. There is background noise and music but the spoken audio is not there. It seems to be intermittent. Noticed first in movie channels, now in watching something on Amazon prime and Netflix. Changed TV a few weeks ago, seems to be since then. But weird. 

Also, the sound effects come and go too. ( The beep beep noises). Had this problem for a few years now in my other box downstairs bit never bothered.

Changed hdmi cable and source. 

Can anyone help?  Thanks, Clare. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi. No other kit involved. Just connected to router wirelessly. Both in bedroom with router next to it. Haven't noticed if it's affected on demand. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned "channels", but then referred to streaming services.

Are there any broadcast channels (these are channels you choose from the TV guide, not via apps or OnDemand) that are affected?

How about OnDemand programmes? How is your V6 connected to your TV - is it a direct HDMI connection, or do you have any additional AV kit/soundbar involved?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Was going to watch something on Amazon prime and the spoken audio was quiet. Other channels such as NAT geo and movies seem the same. It's strange because there's background noise and music but nothing coming out there mouths just quiet. Then I go back to channel and it's fine. 

Hi. No other kit involved. Just connected to router wirelessly. Both in bedroom with router next to it. Haven't noticed if it's affected on demand. 

UPDATE. Went to audio settings and changed to Dolby digital and pcm. Fingers crossed. My sounds effects are working. Keep you updated. Thanks for looking.