Menu
Ian-64
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No sound with Sky cinema on-demand

When we try to watching films from Sky cinema on-demand service the sound stops after a couple of seconds. Picture quality is fine.

All other "on-demand" streaming services work perfectly (Netflix, Amazon Prime, i-player etc).

Tried changing the HDMI cables. 

Is this a known issue, and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound with Sky cinema on-demand

You've mentioned streaming services working ok, but how about other OnDemand programmes?

Apart from BBC content which uses the iPlayer app, all broadcasters use the same OnDemand technology - so if you have a VoD fault, it should affect all channels/programmes regardless of broadcaster.

If not - then are there any specific films/programmes that you're having issues with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ian-64
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response.
Everything works fine (Netflix, Amazon, iplayer, More 4 etc), except when trying to watch an on-demand film from Sky Cinema.
This has been going on for a white with varying degrees of problem.
I rebooted the box last night, and it seemed to work OK. Haven't tried today.
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Ian-64

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you on board! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your Sky Cinema and thank you to @japitts for their advise! 

I have had a look on your account I can see the box is currently turned off, are you able to turn this on for me so I can run diagnostics? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos