Menu
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No sound on channel No.624.

I have spent 1/2 hour waiting on the phone.  I have been on VirginMedia web site and ended up going around in circles?  I have also switched the box off/on. Still no sound on Channel 624 France 24. I have a Tivo in another room and no problem on channel 624

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound on channel No.624.

Hi Laurance,

This is fault common to both Virgin and Sky viewers, so it looks as though it's the actual station that's at fault, as there was a holding picture from France24 with text about equipment but I was unable to translate it (I took german at school).

There was another post regarding the English speaking version a couple of days ago on these forums, I checked the channel and the sound wasn't working.

I tuned into a different channel, then went back a couple of minutes later and France 24 sound  was working again. Not sure if that was a coincidence, or if I was just fortunate to catch it at the right time.

The sound is currently working on my V6 on channel 624.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, many thanks for your swift response, and apologies for my tardy response. It may not be the station as I have a V6 Tivo box in another room and sound is fine on 624 France24.. Funnily enough though not too long ago I had a lot of pixelation on this channel it got to the point where it was unwatchable. Now picture is fine just no sound, it was aok up to the other day? I’m still waiting to hear from VirginMedia.

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it seems that only the Dolby audio is affected. To get the sound back, press the Info button, and go down to the speaker icon, then select the Stereo audio track.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello many thanks for your response.

From the Home page I clicked Help & Settings. Then I have gone to Settings. Pressed Audio. Audio Settings comes up. There is no speaker icon.There are just 3 options...

1) Alternative Audio. No good.

2) Dolby Digital ...Dolby Digital is ticked so I untick it and tick Dolby Digital to PCM ...No effect

3) Sound Effects Volume...No good 

Still no sound on 624

Can you direct me to another place where I can find and select Stereo Audio Track?

0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello again. I now understand what to do. I have pressed the info button while watching channel 624. I now see a speaker icon and done as suggested and I now have sound on channel 624.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello I followed your supplied instructions to go to Info button…then scroll down to speaker icon which worked. But I have lost sound again on channel 624. When I go to repeat the same thing what I now get is

“The current audio track is English Dolby Audio”  “There are no alternative audio tracks available.”

Can you advise please as this obviously isn’t right.

Regards,

Laurance  [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Laurance,

sorry to see you are still having problems.

Just a heads up - you should remove your mobile number as this is an open forum and you never know who may pick it up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, thanks for your advice about my number. I'll see if I can edit out. We just had a micro loss 1-2 seconds? After Which I went back to 624 and sound has now been restored.  So I guess someone at Virgin must have pressed the right button. 

Regards,

Laurance

0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave or others?  I just received an email today Monday 17th Aug 2020 saying someone has responded. I can't see this anywhere, but the good news is my issue has been magically resolved.

Thanks all

Laurance