Menu
h1lleh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No sound on all channels and apps

Hi all; 

having an issue with my v6 box (pretty sure it's a v6); Turned the TV on and virgin box and was presented with a really slow start up, then no sound. After a restart I had no picture, after another restart I had picture again but still no sound;

Box runs through a sound system (connected via optical cable to the TV). Other items (such as a firestick and Ps4 - have firestick running Disney Plus, remove the Optical Cable and the sound stops, put it back in and it starts again) work fine through this method (and still do) but can't get the virgin box working at all; It's previously been working for around 6 years in total (not all the same box, but same tv and same sound system). 

No issues in the area. System settings have audio output set to Dolby (and not Dolby PCM). Audio settings on the channel are set to channel 1 and not Alternative Audio. Happens on all channels (Sky Sports 1, Sky One HD and Non-HD, CBeebies etc).

Anything I've missed? Sound system is fine, as mentioned it works on other devices, I've rebooted the box and left it off for over a minute multiple times (probably restarted at least 10 times so far tonight). 

0 Kudos
h1lleh
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound on all channels and apps

Also keep getting an error mainly on sky one saying:

there is a problem with the signal on this channel. Please reboot your TiVo box. If this keeps happening please visit virgin media.com/to code and enter error code W02

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound on all channels and apps

You can check which box you have here 

Help on Error W02 is at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 - if the online advice fails, then..

1: Check for area faults on 0800 5610061

2: If nothing, call VM to report the fault. 150 or 0345 4541111

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos