Menu
MistaGiggles
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No sound, forced 576p resolution

V6 box has been working fine for 2-3 years now, but recently it has stopped working correctly.

Normally running @ 4K with no issues but now it starts at 576p and there is no sound whatsoever. Tried using different HDMI cables (ones that work with other device with no issues). Chromecast and TV can produce sound fine.

If I try to reset the resolution back to 4k it displays fine, but will default back to 576p after a restart.

I've tried restarting multiple times, I've also run through the factory reset to no effect.

I've been trying to access live chat via the website but it keeps looping me through 'Fix an issue' to 'Sign in' and then I'm redirected back to the homepage. I've also tried calling but I was unable to get through to someone.

How can I contact virgin for a replacement box?

Cheers,

Matt

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound, forced 576p resolution

Hi Matt

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nwilson83
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue that just happened on my box today, did a replacement box resolve the issue?

thanks

Neil

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nwilson83,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, we can certainly get this looked at for you, I will pop you over a private message asking for some details just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
MistaGiggles
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil,

Yes, a replacement box resolved the issue.

An engineer ended up coming round, tried a few things with the old box (like changing HDMI cables, etc.) but ended up replacing the box.

No issues since.

0 Kudos