Menu
emthegem
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No signal on tv

Hi, 

Since yesterday I have been unable to use my tv.  The message that comes up is "Weak or no signal check the antenna cable connection". I only have a virgin remote control,  as when I upgraded to the V6 box the engineer set it up so that I didn't need to have 2 controls, and therefore, the input channel will be correct.

I have checked all cables and none seem to be damaged or loose. I have unplugged the tv and V6 box numerous times without any joy.  I have also tried to reboot the box a few times, again with no success.

Can anybody advise me on what to try next please?

Regards,

Emma

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal on tv

I think you have the right idea.

Looks like the tv has selected the terrestrial channels rather than HDMI. Auto switching to HDMI can be a rather hit and miss affair.

Do you have your original remote for the TV. The Virgin remote can only control volume / mute and power.

You need to switch the input source on the TV.

Some TV's have a control rocker on the TV itself that could make this selection (my Samsung does)

What make and model of TV do you have?

0 Kudos
emthegem
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a Samsung smart tv model number UE40D5003BW but no longer have the remote for it.

Where is the control rocker on your tv?

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try pressing and holding the TV button on your Virgin remote. This should bring up the source Menu of the TV.

Once up, select the HDMI socket the Virgin box it plugged into. If necessary try selecting each available input until it hopefully works.

emthegem
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It took a few goes,  but I now have my signal back after pressing the standby button on V6 box!

Thank you so much for your help

johnfog
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Solved the same problem for me, thank you. I pressed more buttons than Cadbury's but never knew about holding down the TV button.

0 Kudos