Menu
mcgregor30
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No signal from our Virgin V6 box

We have had no signal from our V6 box to the TV for about the past month and despite many efforts have been unable to reach Virgin support by phone.  Prior to the TV giving the no signal error code, the picture had been suffering from increasing interference. We have replaced the HDMI cable ( and tested it on other devices so know that it works), so think the fault is with the box - all our other Virgin services ( other Tivo TV/broadband etc) are fine.  Can anyone help ? Thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal from our Virgin V6 box

When you say "no signal", do you mean your TV is giving "no signal" errors - that would normally mean an HDMI or input issue.

Or are you reporting your V6 having problems with live TV channels and reporting an error code when channels drop completely?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mcgregor30
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The TV is not receiving a signal from the box, we've changed/checked the HDMI lead so are confident the lead is not the problem but the box itself.  Does anyone from Virgin pick up these messages as we can't get through to them by phone to report the problem ! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried restarting your V6 with the TV connected and using a known working HDMI lead in a known working HDMI port?

A video self-test is part of the boot sequence.

The quickest way to report TV service faults is to call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos