Menu
EmH1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No signal from TiVo V6 to TV

Hi,

During the storms last night we lost our Broadband and TV Services, after a lightning strike nearby. The broadband is all back up and running but I am not getting signal from the TiVo V6 box to my TV. Apparently there is no fault with the TIVo box. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is not the HDMI lead as I have tested this and it works on other devices. When VM run a test down the line can it tell whether there is a fault with the coax cable? We have an engineer booked for tomorrow but just looking for ideas that maybe I could try myself beforehand. 
Many Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal from TiVo V6 to TV

Assuming your V6 is definitely "on", and has the white light on the front, have you checked your TV's other inputs? It might also be worth altering the other that you switch the TV on, putting it on once the V6 is already on if you're not already.

Does your TV have multiple HDMI inputs that you can try the V6 output in another socket and swap between them?

If the V6 is on, then even if there's a problem with the incoming TV signal, you should still have a video output to the TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
EmH1982
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The box is on, with a white light on the front. The HDMI lead works when I plug it into the DVD player and I can watch dvds without a problem.  I have tried the different source options on the telly and I still get the same no signal message. I have also tried turning everything off and restarting it. When I do this I briefly get the welcome screen but it is distorted and then it goes back to the no signal screen.

0 Kudos
wyabcp
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i've got similar problem, after the lightening, it does work however the signal drops every now and again, and sometime have to restart the v6 box for the tv to pick up the signal... it's not good 😞

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi its best to start your own thread.Regards Micky
0 Kudos