Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No power to v6 box

There is no power on my v6 box. I have checked all cables and that is all fine. No power light etc. Not sure when or how it happened as been watching Netflix on smart TV. Has the box blown? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No power to v6 box

have you tested the box plugged into another socket.
If it not working after testing it in another socket contact VM. It might just be the power cable.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

The V6 Box has a power switch on the back of the box just check that it is switched on.if you still have a issue after that PM me with your account number and site id.

Please click on the thumbs up icon

Kind regards Darren Hollands

Access field tech 20279

Ger 50 pounds off you bill when you refer a friend to virginmedia.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Darren. 

The switch on the back is on. I have tried different sockets and also tried a different lead as I have a box upstairs too. Nothing has worked so I think it must be the box.

I will PM you now. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

If you send a text message to this number 07533051809 with all your details inc acc number address fault etc someone will be in touch to have a visit or a replacement box sent.

Cheers

Paul

Field Technician 71589

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Laurenb wrote:

Thanks Darren. 

The switch on the back is on. I have tried different sockets and also tried a different lead as I have a box upstairs too. Nothing has worked so I think it must be the box.

I will PM you now. Thanks. 

If the box upstairs is working and it's a V6 then you could try using the power supply 'brick' from that. This should confirm if it's that or the box that's failed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that's what I meant by I tried an extra lead. Must be the box I think. Thank you 🙂 

0 Kudos