Menu
sna87
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No picture no sound

We have not used our box for awhile so today we decided to see what all we missed and have recorded. Well we have no picture or sound.

We know our tv sound is fine it works with our xbox,ps3,netflux tv app, youtube tv app you get the idea.

The v6 box is the problem we tried turning it off fir 10 mins,30 mins and a hr did not work tried playing around with the video and audio on the v6 box did not work really we would get video then it would go black again if the box was restarted still no sound. Wife tried 4 different hdmi cables all of which work as they are used on the xbox,ps3 etc and we have sound and video from them that did not work, tried everything again when it was hooked to the secound hdmi port an got video for a bit until restarted then blank again no sound at all.

Tried completely reseting the tv and the same as above happened. Tried reseting the modem as well did not work. Finally decided to rest it and lose all of our recording which is annoying and... Still did not work.

Im on a rooling month to month now and was thing of trying to see if i could get a better deal to stay but now it looks like i need a new box.

Is there something I or my wife have over looked?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No picture no sound

@sna87 wrote:

We have not used our box for awhile so today we decided to see what all we missed and have recorded. Well we have no picture or sound.

How long is "a while"? Days, weeks or months?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sna87
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

About 1 -2 months roughly defo no more then that and the sound an pucture were working fine.

Since posting this the box decided to give me video but still no audio. Im betting if i turn it off ill get no video once again.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM boxes that aren't connected to the network for "a period of time" (which can sometimes be as low as 30days) can be deactivated from use, and need reactivating before they will work.

I don't think that's the only thing causing your issues, but it (potentially) won't be helping. You'll only know once you can get the picture at least, working.

What colour is the LED light on the front-right of the box? And I don't think you've said... have you rebooted the V6 with the TV connected and switched on? A video output self-test is part of the bootup sequence.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sna87,

If the box hasn't been used for around 30 days or more then it will be deactivated by VM and you will need to call in and ask them to reactivate the box.

You need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, run tests etc. Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
sna87
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It has be on in the last 25 days our daughter likes playing with remotes maybe i should have added that...

So would it still be deactivated in that case?

Yes rebooted it when it was connected to the tv when it was on went through all the steps.

Led when on is the white yellow colour when off its red.

I do plan on trying to call tomorrow to also see if we can work out a deal asi feel im paying way to much specially atm.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
sna87
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dumb question why would they deactivate a box that is being paid for reguardless of if its on or not? Seriously if someone is paying for a service surely they would not deactivate the box as they would in a way not be providing the customer what they are paying for?

0 Kudos