Menu
newcust1988
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No picture, but menus and sound are fine

Hello

Ive been with virgin a couple of weeks and everything was fine. A couple of days ago i started getting no tv picture on the channels. I also cant see the pictures on apps like bbc iplayer or youtube. 

The sound works fine, i can see the menus, tv guide, recording, i can see the iplayer menus and youtube menus all fine. But as soon as i click play, i just hear the sound and no picture untill i click back onto the menus and then i can see the menus again. 

Ive tried the obvious fixes like restarting the box, changing the hdmi cable/port but the problem continues. Ive also plugged another device into same hdmi port which works fine, and the tv itself on freeview and its own apps works fine. So the problem definitely lies with the virgin box. 

Can anyone help please? Thanks 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No picture, but menus and sound are fine

Hi you could try a forced connection, go to help and settings, settings, network, reconnect to the virgin media network now. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? You've posted in the V6 section but referred to a TiVo.

If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seeing menus & non-channel related material would point to a handshake failure between the box & the TV, which is required to "unlock" the copy protection.

If you have tried new cables & the other ports then the fault lies either with the box or the TV not processing HDCP correctly.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newcust1988
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, sorry, its a V6 box i have. My apologies. 

Its worth noting, sometimes it works by restarting the v6 box, but that doesn't always work. 

0 Kudos
newcust1988
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is this something can just "occur"? Everythings been fine with sky and virgin for years until a few days ago 

0 Kudos