Menu
Roodie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No on demand tv and broken engineer appointment

I have no on demand tv service I can select a program it goes thro the adverts and the virgin page is shown and freezes itv ch4 sky1 etc    I contacted the technical team last sunday and an engineer was booked for  Wed AM 12/05/21 BET 8/12AM Guess what he didnt turn up phoned 150 again put through to technical and they do not instill any confidence at all in customer services and I explained the above could not understand the lady i kept repeating everything 2/3 times and finally gave up with no further appointment booked I rephoned and spoke to customer services to a guy called Shabiye very nice but he could not re-arrange my broken appointment he offered me a £5 credit but I dont wont money i want a tv system that works and logged a complaint with him for his supervisor to email me hey presto Nothing.  Shibiye stated he was cust service and couldnt arrange an engineer appt and i could use the app to book a call you go round and round the system not allowing a call to be booked I really cant face phoning a technical team again it is so pain full WILL SOME ONE PLEASE ARRANGE A CALL FOR ME AND SEND ME AN EMAIL ANY DATE WILL BE OK REGARDS PETE

I

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No on demand tv and broken engineer appointment

@Roodie wrote:

I have no on demand tv service I can select a program it goes thro the adverts and the virgin page is shown and freezes itv ch4 sky1 etc   

How long has this been a problem? 

Are you watching on a Samsung or 4K UHD TV? When you say "it freezes", does that include a black screen? Can you escape by pressing any buttons?

Can you use the BBC iPlayer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roodie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI thanks for the reply 

yes my tv is a Samsung catch up was ok up till start of the year but now when we select

a program it goes thro the motions plays the adverts and normally it freezes on the red virgin screen

and just hangs there any advice would be greatful as my post stated i had an engineer booked after talking to technical

but they failed to turn up 

kind regards

Pete

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When the box hangs, can you break the loop by pressing any buttons? "TV", "on/off", anything really. I'm trying to establish whether the V6 is completely locking up (forcing a reboot) or just merely having "a moment"

Can you use the BBC iPlayer app? If you're not sure, please check - Home > Apps > All apps > BBC iPlayer, or Home > CatchUp > Channels > BBC. Or pick  programme from a BBC channel in the backwards guide, press "OK", "watch from CatchUp". This is trying to establish if streaming works, or if this is just an issue with the VoD.

And can you check your box software build - Home > Help & Settings > System Info, and it's a few rows from the top.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Roodie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Japitte

many thanks once again for your help 

I have followed your instructions and sorry the system used to stop at the red virgin screen and freeze now it passes this shows the adverts and then hangs on the last scene of the advert (Nescafe) when we pressed TV button it reverts back to that channel ok

tested on bbc app all  

20.10.1.1.RC5-VMB-11-C68

hope this helps 

kind regards Pete you help is much appreciated Thanks once again

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This could be an HDCP issue, or at the very least it's worth eliminating.

Disregard the lack of an error message, and try following the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

Specifically - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output - and make sure that 1080 is selected.

Alternatively, check which port on your TV, the HDMI lead is connected to. If you have a port marked "MHL", try connecting to that port. You may need to restart the box.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Roodie

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I have been able to look into your account and cannot see any appointment date that was setup on the date above, I apologise that this wasn't booked in for you and I'm not sure why the last agent you spoke to couldn't have done this for you.

However I have now added a new appointment in for you, all the information can be found on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Roodie
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Steven L thanks for the message and arranging tomorrow’s appointment 

kind regards 

pete

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No problem @Roodie and please let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Roodie
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven Steven L 

Many thanks for your support in 
Response to my on demand tv problem 
Just had a great engineer called Lloyd who has