Menu
Bas87
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No on demand or Sky movie channels (error code V273)

Hi, I have been unable to access On Demand or any of the Sky movie channels since installing Virgin over a week ago. This has been the case from day one.

The engineer who installed everything said that it looked like the service that communicates with the Smart card (?) was down at the time, but that it should kick in by itself at some point. It has now been over a week and I still don't have access.

The Sky movie channels are greyed out on the TV Guide, and On Demand shows the message "On Demand is temporarily unavailable. (V273) Please try again in a few minutes." All other TV channels (and my broadband connection) are working fine.

I have checked all cables and tried resetting both the broadband router and V6 box several times but to no avail. I have also checked my network settings and everything is running fine, with the Network Connection showing as Signal: 100% (excellent).

Please can someone help solve this issue, many thanks.

Sebastian

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No on demand or Sky movie channels (error code V273)

Hi Bas87,

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? The V273 error may be a local issue.

You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Have you registered for, and signed into My Virgin Media at the top of the page? If so you should be able to see your contract there and check that your package does have the Sky Movies included.

If the Movie channels are listed there then you could try and force a channel update using your remote.

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin TV > go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

This may take around 20 minutes and involve a box reboot. 

If the Sky Movies aren't listed then you will need to speak to Customer Services. If they are listed on your contract and there isn't a local outage then again you will need to speak to VM.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to view other OnDemand programmes? Picking at random, say ITV CatchUp?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, does the top-left confirm successful connections?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bas87
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys

Sorry for the late response, just to let you know I'm now all sorted. I tried using the remote to rescan the channels and that successfully added Sky Cinema.

Both on demand and catchup continued to show an error message so I was planning to call virgin, however I've just checked and it now appears to be working.

Many thanks both for your help.