Menu
Staavko
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No internet or tv service

Hi, I have have no tv or internet service for the last /4 hours. My hub is flashing green and my tv can not load channels. I have rebooted, reset hub but still no luck. I also have tried to phone the support centre but I’m being told that it’s shut (it’s was from 5pm on a Saturday). How can I restore my service?

0 Kudos
Staavko
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No internet or tv service

Sorry 24 hours it’s been down

0 Kudos
Staavko
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still unanswered....

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is a public forum, not a first tier support service.

Check your service status to see if there is an issue in your area, if not, call VM at 8am tomorrow.

Other than that you can wait a few days and someone from VM might respond on here.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you actually checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through..

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Staavko
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes tried that but no known issues. Tried calling earlier but waited 45 mins for before being cut off and told service centres were then shut. 

Looks like I’ll have to try again in the morning.

Appreciate it’s a public forum but thought others may be having similar issues or hoped that virgin engineer may be monitoring posts as previously noticed.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having Staavko.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you had an engineer visit, have all of your issues now been resolved after this visit?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos