Menu
Ianb2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No hdmi output

Hi

The hdmi output from my tivo box has stopped working and I would like to arrange a replacement but seem to get stuck in an infinite loop with the diagnostic checking either  by phone or online - it sees the box as functioning normally so sends you through a series of checks (check the power, restart, swap the cables, change the source, etc). When this doesn't solve the problem it sends you back to the phone number/weblink and the process starts again...

I have checked the box in three different hdmi ports on different screens and with separate cables and all have the same result.

Could someone suggest an alternate means of getting in touch with virgin and speaking to a live human?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No hdmi output

Have you trie restarting the TiVo with the connected TV switched on, and the correct input selected? A video output self-test is part of the boot sequence, so just incase...

As regards the IVR, quite often if the automated checks dump the call, redialling immediately will bypass those checks and put you in the queue for a faults agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ianb2
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No hdmi output

Thanks for the response, unfortunately still no joy. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos