cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialogue sound

dispic1
Tuning in

Trying to watch a few programs that gave been taped but I'm only getting instrumental music and no dialogue sound. It's very weird as the back ground music is clear as day but can't hear a word anyone is say. It's the same when we try to watch the program on catch up. Sky programs see to be mainly effected. 

Any ideas?? 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dispic1 

It would help if you can list the recorded programs, including series/episode number and the channel they were recorded from.  The same goes for the Catch Up programs that are causing problems. That way if they can be replicated VM will know if a broadcaster issue, and if they can't then it will help pinpoint if it's a signal/box issue 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ozsat
Superstar

Have you set your audio on the V6 to 'Dolby Digital' or 'Dolby Digital to PCM'?

@dispic1 wrote:

Trying to watch a few programs that gave been taped but I'm only getting instrumental music and no dialogue sound. It's very weird as the back ground music is clear as day but can't hear a word anyone is say. It's the same when we try to watch the program on catch up. Sky programs see to be mainly effected. 

Any ideas?? 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Audio Description is another possibility, depending whether you're getting an audio commentary.

Press "info", scroll down to the second/third panel down (I'm quoting from memory) and toggle it off if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey dispic1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV box sound, have you been able to get this resolved with the help offered by the community members?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you I have been having the same problem with on demand and your advise worked x