cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No channel 198 and sound problems on you tube app

theshadow
Tuning in
  • Hi when I use the you tube app its unwatchable as the sound is terrible, tried going to channel 198 but that channel has disappeared.  This is happening on my living room v6 box , you tube plays fine on my tivo box in the bedroom 
8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

YouTube was never a channel of itself, Ch198 was just a shortcut to the YT app in the same way as following Home > Search & Explore, or Home > Apps > All apps

Have you tried restarting your V6 via Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart?

Is this poor sound affecting any other services, live TV or OnDemand for example?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I've reset the v6 box and the hub , sound on live TV Netflix etc is all fine its only on you tube cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi theshadow,

have you tried siging out of you tube, then rebooting the V6 and signing back in?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Just a update tried the you tube app tonight and its now working fine

Thanks 

No I haven't tried that was about to try your advice but it weirdly is already back to working normal.

Thanks anyway 

Cheers

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again theshadow,

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

If not come back to this thread and we'll get it chased up again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank u all for your help 🙏 

I've contacted virgin media today about another strange problem I've been having with my phone service their going 2 send a engineer out but can't yet as I'm currently self isolating will post this problem on this site as well to c if anyone has had a similar experience as its very strange

Cheers

Thanks for coming back to us @theshadow.

Please let us know here, when you're no longer self isolating and we can arrange the appointment for you to get this sorted for you.

Regards

Steven_L