Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No catch up available

My v6 which was only installed 2 weeks ago is saying I can’t access on demand or catch up tv, the TV guide is showing some of the channels as no information on the guide. I have ensured all cables in correctly but still saying failed when trying to connect ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No catch up available

Most likely cause is that the V6 is losing its network connection.  Can check on the TV by pressing ...  home>help>settings>network>check status.   How have you got it connected to the Hub ?  Which Hub do you have ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks I have the 3.0 hub, network status says connected but when I select connect to virgin media services it finishes preparing but fails to get past negotiating stage?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Wilsonsdad wrote:

Hi thanks I have the 3.0 hub, network status says connected but when I select connect to virgin media services it finishes preparing but fails to get past negotiating stage?

You dont say how its connected to the Hub - wifi or ethernet cable ?  If wifi - you click the connect to wifi network button, select the network, input the password and let it connect  If you are doing that and it isnt working - try this...

Go into the Hub3's settings (go to http://192.168.0.1  or  http://192.168.100.1 in your browser) and in "smart wifi" (if you have it) disable the "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) use the same password  if you like,  Then, save settings and restart Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device.  5 GHz is usually better and subject to less interference than the 2.4 one - although this one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper devices can only use this one.  Then switch off the V6 and unplug it from the mains for 5 mins and then start it up.  When it asks you to connect to the network - select the 5G network first and see if that works - can take up half an hour.  If not.. go back and do it on the 2.4.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks mate it was initially set up via Ethernet cable but I’ve taken it out and managed to sort it wireless. Thanks for your help, appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Wilsonsdad wrote:

Thanks mate it was initially set up via Ethernet cable but I’ve taken it out and managed to sort it wireless. Thanks for your help, appreciated! 

OK great no probs.  If you can connect by ethernet cable you should - it gives a much better and more stable connection and it is less traffic on your wifi network (having said that I have 2 connected by wifi Smiley Happy )  Good luck.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi i cant access catch up either had installed last week says port configuration test: failed and DNS Resoloution Test: Failed  is this correct??? 

Thanks Topcat12

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Topcat12.

Can we please confirm if you've checked all the wired going into the Tivo box? Can we also please confirm if your box is connected to the Hub through WiFi or an ethernet cable? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos