Menu
maccalino
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No apps/on demand and limited channels on v6 box

New contract kicked in today and suddenly no HD channels and no access to apps.  Tried turning on and off, no change and online check says the box is working fine.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No apps/on demand and limited channels on v6 box

You potentially have 2 separate issues.

Your apps are fed over the box's internet connection which is via your homehub. First thing's first - how is your V6 connected to your homehub, is it Ethernet (recommended) or WiFi?

Your TV channels are fed over the CoAx cable. First place to try is to follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > "I'm missing some channels".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
maccalino
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can't access Help at all and I do have BBC1/ITV/C4/C5 and radio stations.  V6 box is on WIFI.  The error code is saying I haven't installed my box yet

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ah-ha... a non-activated box.

Assuming your box is genuinely connected and it's not dropped off (check: Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right)...

I'm guessing you might even have an Error 7400 Activation message. If so.. you need to call VM to activate your box. 0800 9539500 is the automated facility to do the necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
maccalino
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I tried the number but didn't get an automated service, just the usual "our call centres are closed due to coronavirus" - I was sent a text which took me to the test equipment page, jumped through all the hoops, clicked to say it hadn't resolved the problem and it took me back to the menu page.  I'm getting quite annoyed now after spending n hour on hold on the phone and no help through the website.  I don't understand how it could be a non-activated box when I've been using the same box for years!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Let's check the basics then - as per my previous post, is your box connected to the internet and "online"?

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the top-right.

If it shows connected ok, what's reported in the top-left where the regular "calls home" are timestamped?

Also try the service status line - 0800 5610061 which often lists localised area faults.

0 Kudos
maccalino
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is connected - top left says Next attempt 18.59 today last attempt 13.29 today status succeeded

0 Kudos
maccalino
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm thinking VM have turned this box off as we had 2 extra boxes and now only have one. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ah, you didn't mention a reduction in the number of boxes in your house 😉

I assumed (fatal mistake on here!!) that your "change of contract" was a mere bundle change.

In that case, if the wrong box has been deactivated you will need to call C/S with serial numbers of both boxes. You could try swapping them in the meantime 😉

0 Kudos
maccalino
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I will have to dig the old one out of the attic I think.  No chance of getting any help from Virgin - all roads lead to dead ends and wasted hours now trying.  Thanks for trying to help though, appreciate it

0 Kudos