Menu
19Heather89
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No V6 service

After years of having good service I am so disappointed with Virgin Media and don't have any faith in getting my problem resolved.  After having a Tivo box that was stuck on starting up and having read reports of customers having the same issue and being advised that it is likely the box that was at fault I telephoned the customer service team.  The lady I spoke to advised that she had sent signals to the box and after 3 hours it would all be resolved. However it wasn't and I called back the next day and spoke to a gentleman who advised he would send a V6 box that I could set up myself. However upon receiving the new box I realised that there was no remote control or cable to connect to the coaxial cable.  I then telephoned again and was advised by the gentleman I spoke to that he would send the missing items.  I had a suspicion that Virgin Media was trying to swap my current V6 box and not the Tivo so I reconfirmed with the customer service advisor that it was my Tivo box that was being replaced and not my V6. He reassured me over and over that that was the case.  However upon installing my new V6 box I am now receiving error code 7400 on my current V6 box and have no channels.  

Sorry for the long message but it's just been a catalogue of errors and now I don't know how I can get this resolved.  My faith in Virgin Media is non-existent at the moment and I have little confidence in this being fixed.  If someone could help then that would be great.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No V6 service

@19Heather89 wrote:

After years of having good service I am so disappointed with Virgin Media and don't have any faith in getting my problem resolved.  After However upon installing my new V6 box I am now receiving error code 7400 on my current V6 box and have no channels.  

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 this is a box activation error, and your suggestion of the wrong boxes being activated is likely correct.

If the online steps can't resolve this, then you need to make a careful note of each box's serial-number and call VM on 0800 9539500.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos