Menu
SD5
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No TV display

I’ve gone to turn my tv on and there’s intermittent sound but no display showing on my tv at all. I can’t even re start it because there’s no screen display at all. I tried turning the box itself off, off at the wall etc and it’s still the same issue. The box is definitely on! 

0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV display

Hi @SD5 

From what I understand, it could be a faulty Virgin V6 box or it could be that the coaxial cable is not connected properly or is loose and not tight enough. 

Please make sure that the coaxial cable is finger tight (either screwed or pushed) on the back of the V6 box, any splitters and at the interior wall box (like the one pictured). 

If this doesn’t work contact Virgin Media Help on 150 from any Virgin mobile or home phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. 

Hole this helps. 😀

Wall boxWall box

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV display

If there was no coax connection, that would manifest itself through "no signal" type errors (with specific error codes onscreen) and you'd still be able to access the V6 menus and TV Guide.

Can you access the menu & TV Guide?

If not, it may suggest an issue with your HDMI cable/port - do you have the correct input selected on your TV? What colour is the LED light on the V6? Check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks