Menu
Turtletom100
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No TV and No Engineer Arrived

Had some issues over Christmas and ended up trying to sort them myself using the app but it said it couldn't fix the problem

Contacted Virgin on the 10th of January and they advised they could see there was a problem and it needed an engineer...... earliest appointment was 18th January so accepted. 

Next day receive a call and it was a virgin engineer who advised that all 6 tuners wasn't working but as the internet was fine it was probably the box at fault and they was going to send one to try. 

Box arrived (not even a replacement remote..... nice),  I plugged it all in and still no signal so have waited until the 18th for the engineer to turn up but clearly they decided there was no need to even though clearly engineers see that the tuners arent receiving a signal remotely so they knew the problem wasn't fixed. 

To top it off you expect me to take the old box to my nearest collect+. That hasn't happened but when the engineer finaly does turn up he can take what ever box with him but when can I expect the engineer at very least? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV and No Engineer Arrived

When you accepted the delivery of the box the technician will have been cancelled.

"no signal" is not always a virgin issue, it can be your hdmi or your TV in wrong source.  What is the error message your getting? 

0 Kudos
Turtletom100
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Which is fine providing the issue was sorted. Going back a few years virgin used to make the customer sugn something to confirm the problem was fixed. 

Regarding no Signal you are spot on if that was my issue but like I said there is no signal on all 6 tuners. This is nothing to do with my HDMI ports and either equipment or cabling are to blame 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you had no signal on all 6 tuners then the error message you would have on the screen would be "16%" or "veryfying" 

Turtletom100
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is what Virgin advised as did their engineer and a quick check online points to missing channels being a incoming signal related issue 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 this is generally caused by an incoming signal issue. Can you check if any of the following channels are also affected, whichever you receive:
S4C HD, Film4-HD, Sky History 2 HD, Sky Sports NFL HD, Sky Sports F1 HD, StarPlus HD (these share broadcast channels with C5-HD)
Sky Witness HD, Fox HD, MTV Live HD, Quest HD, France 24 English HD, Zee Cinema HD 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Turtletom100 wrote:

This is what Virgin advised as did their engineer and a quick check online points to missing channels being a incoming signal related issue 

Generally if all the channels from a particular broadcast mux are affected, that would suggest signal issues affeccting that frequency, yes. This tends to hold true, if some channels are fine but others aren't.

From what you've posted thus far including JB66's comments, that doesn't seem to be your fault.

I'm guessing you've seen this post, judging by your other paragraph. Looks like a different situation to what you're describing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

w02 is a signal fault, usually high end frequencies, you will need a technician to attend rather than a new box.
0 Kudos
Turtletom100
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This was my thoughts aswell, I have tried looking my end and the last thing to do would have bwing cut a bit of cable off and replace the connectors but off course I am not allowed to do it and have got to wait until Friday this week for an engineer who will hopefully turn up and fix the issue 

0 Kudos