Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No TV Picture after V6 Standby. Sound and Menus Fine

Hi,

We have an issue with the V6 box that is very annoying. We use power saving and now almost every time we turn the box on the tv signal is not there. Sound is fine and all the menus are showing. 

It is fixed by restarting the box but this takes several minutes. As the restarting of the box always fixes it I don't suspect that there is an issue with the LG tv or the HDMI lead. 

Any suggestions to fix the problem gratefully appreciated as we don't really want to leave the box permanently switched on as we only watch it for a few hours of an evening.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No TV Picture after V6 Standby. Sound and Menus Fine

Hi

It may sound strange but I've had this issue before and unplugging the actual TV from the mains power and plugging back in again resolved the issue. Also sometimes Smart TV's may require software updates which can be done by going into the settings. If none of this helps then you may need to adjust the V6 resolution settings by going into the settings from the Home screen. Thanks, Marty

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin Media however all responses are based on my experiences in the field and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV Picture after V6 Standby. Sound and Menus Fine

Thank you Marty,

I will certainly give these a try.

The TV software should be up to date but I'll check. I was thinking it is a V6 problem as I can see the virgin menus and tv guide on the screen clearly but the tv box in the corner is black yet the sound is there.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos