Menu
Irishdevil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No TV Channels

My neighbour has just had a technician come to fix the problems with here tv and internet and now I have no tv channels and rubbish internet!

I told the technician before he left my neighbours and he said there was nothing that he could do and to call the help desk up.

So far I have made several calls lasting over half an hour each time and still haven't spoke to anyone as well as using there text message function which told me someone will be in touch within 3 days!

I keep getting error codes S102 and W02, I have restarted the box several times as well as turning it off and undoing all connections etc and still I have no channels.

I have tried online help and that just keeps taking me back to the page that I started on and doesn't offer any help at all.

Will somebody please help before everything gets thrown out of the window in frustration!!!!!

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV Channels

S102 & W02 are signal issues. Forum Team members can also take several days to respond to threads here, so you will probably get the callback before they respond.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Irishdevil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finally spoke to someone after nearly 4 hours of holding and waiting and calling.

They are unable to do anything their end so an engineer has to come out but nobody available until Saturday morning.

This has been happening since we moved in 18 months ago, whenever a neighbour has an issue and gets it fixed then other neighbours have a problem and it's a constant cycle.

We live above a row of shops and the engineers keep telling us that our cable is not equipped for the length that it has to run from the main junction box out on the road to our houses and that it needs to be upgraded but they have still not done anything about it for any of us.

So here I am paying for the full package and only getting landline and internet again and whenever I ask about compensation for all of the times when I do not get what I pay for they say I am not eligable!

Seriously thinking of leaving and going elsewhere now as I have had enough!

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update.

If you're experiencing a full loss of service over 48 hours this will be calculated and credited to the account once fixed for the specific service. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Irishdevil wrote:

We live above a row of shops and the engineers keep telling us that our cable is not equipped for the length that it has to run from the main junction box out on the road to our houses and that it needs to be upgraded but they have still not done anything about it for any of us.

VM normally pulls RG6 cable from the cabinet to the customer's premises, but if the signal is somewhat weak despite being at the top tap a thicker RG11 is sometimes used instead.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Irishdevil
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The engineers have all said that it is an rg8 cable and that it does need to be a thicker one but nothing has been sorted in 18 months despite all of the neighbours (there are 7 of us in total on the block) constantly calling with issues and complaining.

It has gone beyond a joke now.

0 Kudos