cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal error shown on TV

CorrSpur92
Joining in

This has been happening for months but just getting around to trying to fix it...

Every day when I turn on my TV and Virgin Box it will intermittently come up that there is no signal between the box and my TV. I have to turn the power off on the wall(for the Virgin box), turn it back on again, and then it's fine again for the whole day (or until the box gets powered off). 

Can someone help me fix this, please?

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does altering the power saving settings on your V6 make any difference?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @CorrSpur92 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have been facing this issue with your service and a big thank you to japitts for their advise here, have you been able to try the power saving options at all? 

Power saving settings doesn't fix it. It says no signal for about 5-10 seconds then goes back on. The only way to fix it is to turn the mains power off and reboot.

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Which HDMI port is the box plugged into? try plugging it into HDMI port 1

Good Afternoon @CorrSpur92, thanks for coming back to the post.

Can you please confirm if you've attempted the suggestion made by @SpacePhoenix to see if this helps resolve this issue for you?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Yeah it's already in HDMI 1. Happening right now, keeping going black screen, says no signal for about 5-10 seconds and then comes back on.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable CorrSpur92 to see if this is causing the issue?

Rob

Yes tried others. The cable is fine. As I say when I turn power on and off it works fine too. Just when I turn I watch TV the next day it does it. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Boxes are meant to be permanently on. I used to leave my V6 on standby whenever I wasn't watching TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection