Menu
andrea0967
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Picture / Distorted some channels

Hi, 

Been having issues for a while, not receiving some channels or issues with them, mainly channel 5 hardly ever receive this, also BT Sports often get no picture or severly distorted with W02 error for both channels.  Today seems worse not receiving radio channels either.  

Have disconnected, turned of box and checked all wiring all okay.  Tried to call VM, answer service said they had to send signal to reset and were going to do this, however none of my equipment turned of or reset.  Tried the online status check but returned that it had a tech issue - weirdly. 

Any advice greatly appreciated.   Not sure if we may need a new V^ box as have had it for a few yrs. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Picture / Distorted some channels

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 this is a typical signal fault.

If one reboot has failed to resolve it, then you're likely to need either a replacement box or an engineer visit. Anything else is just kicking the can down the road.

"Sending a signal to reset" is often just code for "another reset" - if you've restarted your box and it's not resolved, it's highly unlikely their reset will make any difference. The underlying fault needs attending to, and that's something that needs "hands and eyes" on your kit, cabling and potentially street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
andrea0967
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Okay i did think that may be the case.  Thank you so much for your advice. 

I shall prepare myself for a  2 hour wait on the phone to get through to someone , 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello andrea0967

Sorry to hear about issue with your service 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
andrea0967
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth that would be great if you could, i have just replied to your message. Sorry only just picked it up now.  Thanks again

0 Kudos