Menu
jdt28
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No On Demand or Catch Up

I have recently upgraded an old V+ box to a V6.........This is the 2nd V6 box I have and is set up in the bedroom via WiFi...My Issue is that I don't get on demand or catch up......I have done all the network connection and rebooting options but still nothing....The wifi signal says 90% excellent so I am at a loss as to what I do next,hopefully someone can help on here ,,,,thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No On Demand or Catch Up

Take no notice of signal strength. This can go right down to 45% & still work effectively. Your problem is WiFi congestion, which V6 boxes hate. One or two neighbours hubs using the same WiFi channel as the V6 & you are down the proverbial swanny. 

Firstly if your WiFi is using 2.4Ghz most built up areas are like the M25 during rush hour. Try switching to 5Ghz. If that fails then it’s only Powerline connectors or direct wiring that will resolve the issue.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
jdt28
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No On Demand or Catch Up

I went on the online chat this morning and a Virgin Agent has sorted it out so all is god

0 Kudos