Menu
taffyposh
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Netflix 4k with Samsung TV

HI,

I have a Samsung HU9000(2014) 4K TV. I have no problem recieving the 4k picture from BYSport on 531 or on the UHD channel on 999, i do however have an issue with Netflix.... lets not even talk about amazon prime!

The box recognises that I have a 4k tv with it picking only the 2160 connection, but when i connect to netflix it only shows a HD picture, there are no 4kuhd streams available. I have a proper 4k account and i have checked with another account from a friend but no luck.

I have factory reset the tivo box, rescanned fro the formats, all without any success. I have zero connection issues.

I am also suffering from the black screen issue with amazon prime, although wierdly, when i do select a programme prime shows me 4k streams!, then i get the black screen

Any insight would be greatfully taken.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Netflix 4k with Samsung TV

Have you set "HDMI UHD Color" to on in the tv menu?

BT Sport Ultimate and channel 999 will downscale so you will still see them even if 4k is not working.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

For that TV you need to make sure that the V6 box is connect to the correct HDMI input - that TV only has one that supports HDCP 2.2:

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201810/20181011113957470/ENG_US_GP9ATSCH-1.118.pdf

HDCP 2.2 is supported only by the TV's HDMI (MHL) port. HDCP is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for video copyright protection.

I also think it is too old to have the HDMI UHD Colour option in it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
taffyposh
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for the reply. The TV does have the UHD color option on it. I was not aware that only one socket has 2.2 on it, that is strange as that is HDMI 3! I will attempt that and see what happens.

Also note my TV does NOT have the evoloution box as shown in the guide. All the sockets are within  the TV. In some markets in europe and asia the tv's were produced without a seperate box to keep costs low.

Any ideas on the prime issue?

Many Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On the V6 in  Help -> System Info -> System Info   -    what does the HDMI Status read as?

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@taffyposh wrote:

Any ideas on the prime issue?

I think they're the same issue. Where the box is set to an Ultra HD resolution but isn't connected to a HDCP 2.2 compatible port then the apps get a little confused about what they can output and it causes problems.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos