cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No It hub app

Tangerinetwirly
Joining in

I don't have the ITV hub app available through my V6 box.

I have STV player but there are things on ITV hub that are not available on STV player. 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm fairly certain this is intentional, STV is the Scottish franchise holder and your complaint here is with STV not Virgin Media.

What is the programme you're after?... is it available via any other source?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Doesn't every STB have all the apps regardless of location?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I am able to watch it through ITV hub app on my phone but would prefer to watch on my Tv

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Doesn't every STB have all the apps regardless of location?

For other apps, yes, but I'm fairly sure ITV/STV are quite hot on this.

I hope @BenMcr or @nodrogd won't mind the tag, I suspect they'll know for sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The ITV Hub app should be there to allow access to ITV 2 - 4 & Be content, plus CITV.

Only content from the main ITV channel is blocked in Scotland.

https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002742054-Why-can-t-I-see-any-programmes-from-ITV-main-cha... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Oscars
Tuning in

I also have this problem. I have the STV player, but ITV hub app doesn't appear anywhere. But, the workaround I found is to browse the ITV hub on my phone, find what I want to watch, then go onto the v6 box and search for the show in the "on demand" menu. You'll hopefully see the program you want listed there. For example I watched "A is For Acid" tonight, which isn't on STV player but is on demand, and is from the ITV Hub. Not wholly the answer you're after, but hope it helps a bit. Cheers 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Oscars 

You should just be able to search for the show using on demand without having to go on your phone.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Only episodes available on STV player are showing in search. 

Doesn't matter much now for the show I was trying to watch as I have watched the first series on phone now and 2nd was available on TV.