Menu
Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No Instructions provided for new V6 box

We have recently been upgraded to a V6 box due to a fault with old Tivo box. The engineer did not give us any instructions for it and we do not have a printer so are unable to print out the pdf. Please can you post us the instructions. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Instructions provided for new V6 box

Hi Funky_Gibbon.

Sorry to see you hving problems, I misread your post and thought you were referring to the new 360 box,

There should have been a booklet enclosed but you should be able to use the online help pages aside from the PDF instructions?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi if the box is up and running, press home, then help and settings, then help you will get all the functions on your TV screen in an easy to understand format. Regards Micky
Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for confirming we should have had a booklet with the V6 box. I was asking mainly for my parents who don't use the internet and find a booklet easier to use. Is the 360 the name for the new tv experience I had a strange email about?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the new Horizon-based box is called TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Funky_Gibbon,

Yes the 360 is the name for the next generation TV experience box according to https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick up your post and arrange for a V6 manual to be posted out to your parents.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky

Thanks for advice about help on box, I had looked at that but couldn't find any info. about difference between Tivo and V6 boxes. Also think my parents would find it easier with a booklet as you still have instructions in front of you to refer to.

Thanks again

Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Hi again Funky_Gibbon,

Yes the 360 is the name for the next generation TV experience box according to https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/befirst

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick up your post and arrange for a V6 manual to be posted out to your parents.

Hi again Dave,

Thanks for advice and link. Hope you are right about the Forum Team. That is what I was hoping would happen.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If they had a TiVo before then they will know how the V6 works, it runs the same software. The only real differences is the V6 is faster, can record 6 things at once, has a few more apps available and is 4k ready. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As others have mentioned, the TiVo & V6 boxes run the same software and are fundamentally the same box. The obvious differences that come to mind, are.. (I'll leave out some minor "usability" differences)

V6 has additional apps that are offered via Home > Apps, such as All-4, Amazon Prime, ITV Hub & My5. The Virgin On-Demand options are otherwise identical, it's just the apps

V6 is much faster and works so much better with apps like Netflix & BBC iPlayer.

V6 relies on your VM home broadband for internet whereas the TiVo has this in-built. So your EPG (TV guide) updates, OnDemand services and apps, go through your home broadband. This connection can be Ethernet (cabled) or WiFi.

The V6 has more tuners to record upto 6 programs simultaneously rather than 3 on the TiVo. It also supports 4K "Ultra HD" channels.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos