Menu
EMMA331
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No HDMI signal

Tv box was switched off at the mains for 3 days now there's no hdmi signal. Other devices are working fine using the same hdmi output, so I doubt it's the TV or cable as I've tried that with different devices also. Is there a certain setting through the TV I haven't activated? The hdmi cable was originally in the back of the router, ive tried both the router and the TV box, still nothing. Any help greatly appreciated 🙏 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: No HDMI signal

Have you selected the appropriate HDMI input on your TV, for whichever port your V6 is connected to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
EMMA331
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the TV is on the wall. Only 1 hdmi input can be reached, either way the cable was never out of the TV, no hdmi selection is highlighted as an option to select (no signal to any hdmi option) 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You've mentioned having an HDMI lead in the back of your router, which doesn't sound at all right.

What do you mean by "only one HDMI input can be reached"? I'd guess this is a physical issue by the sounds.

Do you have an HDMI lead running from your TV box to your TV? And do you know which HDMI port on your TV it's connected to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
EMMA331
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes so the TV is on the wall, hdmi 3 is the only reachable connector, but again none of the hdmi selections are showing any signal so even if I'm mistaken hdmi 1 & 2 still have no signal. The router and TV box weren't touched from the engineer installed it 2 weeks ago. Everything was turned off at the mains. When I was trying to figure out what the issue could be I noticed the hdmi going to the router with a connector on the end, thinking it didn't seem right myself I changed it to the TV box, still no signal from either 

0 Kudos
Steve1701
Rising star
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey EMMA331,

It's possible your TV no longer recognises HDMI Port 3 as active.

By 'reachable' do you mean physically, or due to the length of the HDMI cable?

Given your HDMI cable is in 3 it makes sense that you will have 2 others: 1 & 2, they are normally set side by side and you might need to put the cable into one of the others and the TV should identify a new incoming signal.

Given your TV is on the wall it's going to be a fiddly task, but If you can see the cable going into HDMI 3 then with luck you'll see the other two once you remove the cable. Be aware though, some manufacturers split the ports, HDMI & USB so some could be on the other side of the TV.

Usually, once a new incoming signal has been identified, all should be well, but it's a case of try and see, unfortunately.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
0 Kudos
EMMA331
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The other 2 are behind the TV... but thank you will definitely give this a go tomorrow. Hopefully this solves my problem, thanks again!

0 Kudos
Steve1701
Rising star
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If 1 & 2 are on the back of the TV, you can buy a 90° adaptor off Amazon for around £5 ...

90° HDMI Adaptor 

That might help your options. 

Hope this helps 😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi on your TV remote you have to select the right HDMI input in your case HDMI 3 it's a box with an arrow into it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Do you have another device that connects via HDMI that you could try on HDMI to see if it works (also try another HDMI cable)?

0 Kudos