Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Green Light on Virgin V6 Remote

Hi,

I'm having issues with 2 of my Virgin V6 remote controls (URC655552-00R00, GP565NGBG).. I have 3 boxes in total and 4 remotes.. Only 2 of which are working..

There is no green light appearing on either remote, despite trying a number of options found  in other threads on this community.. 

- Holding TV + Clear doesn't do anything and there are no green light flashes

- Holding 'Info' button for 7 seconds doesn't do anything and there are no green flashes

- Also tried pressing the '+' button on my V6 box, however no controls beep at all

Any further suggestions to resolve this..?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Green Light on Virgin V6 Remote

If you have not already, changed the batteries if you have done this already double check they are the correct way round unlike normal battery controlled devices VM remotes have the batteries oriented in the same direction (positive ends of batteries at the same end instead of the opposite way round on each battery). If this still does not work you may need new remotes. Obviously waiting for new remotes during current situation may take some time, luckily you can get the Virgin Media TV Remote app on your smartphone which will allow you to control any and all of the V6 boxes on your account in your home

Hope this helps

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi give this a try. Hold down tv and clear button together till green light flashes then press the red thumbs down button 3 times and wait for green lights to flash .if you get this far now point remote at tv and press any key ,green light should come on solid for about 3 seconds then go off .Remote should now work to that v6

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Had similar probs this week with a replacement remote control for our V6 box.  The control was working one of the radio/IR modes but was really laggy and not performing in the same way as previous controller.  Attempts to pair in the manner set out in the guides and in posts here all failed with no green lights confirming the pair process.  After a bit of searching I found a random post somewhere about needing to unpaid old controllers.  You do this via the settings>devices>remote control menu on the box. See if your box is paired to an old controller, not the one you want. Unpaid old, pair new.  Worked for me. Useful menu feature not published anywhere helpful by VM.

0 Kudos