Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No Connection

So here we are again (not that anyone will take action on it)

I have no internet (I am currently using my mobile as a hotspot) so anyway I managed to book one (after 1.5 hours on hold and another I hung up after 28mins). I logged n I could find no reference for these bookings.

The first one (phone call) I was booked and texted for Tuesday (a week later) between 11am and 6pm. I then booked online and it offered me 4 days earlier at as at a fraction of a time slot 8am-10am. (not 1.5 hour 'put on old') - obviously I took the earlier spot, but after constant searching I can't find any reference to either bookings (today's did state it would need 24 hour to process)

I now have the direct phone number for the engineer’s department and Edinburgh Virgin headquarters down the road (which is worst case scenario) plus the 0345 454 1111 one,

I upgraded to a 'superior package' (TV, Phone and M100-M350 hub), yet I have now have less than my previous package...

No Internet

No Nintendo

No Amazon Prime

No, You Tube

Browsing, Searching, Researching etc.

No Phone

Plus, data being off my mobile account by the day. I need to work.

Your website is like a dog chasing it’s tail. It’s all, do you want to upgrade, add something new, revere as friend... al the leg work is done by your customers?

What is the next step? You have plenty engineers that could quickly and easily fix such a common problem. I myself have a degree in computer networking but haven’t met a problem like this before.

What can I do to get it sorted as soon as possible?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Connection

Are you able to view live TV channels?

Everything else you've mentioned is either not a TV-specific issue, or is "downstream" of your TV box not having an internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

HI Japitts,

Thanks for the swift reply... YES, I can get all 'Areal' (Terrestrial) TV no problem. HDMI seems unaffected (Nintendo, PC, YouTube, Amazon Prime, even the hub itself to the point it tries to update the software. Then it is just 'Communication Error' and 'Reboot' - which you can guess does 'jack all' whether straight away or unplugged all night

As you know I am contacting this forum via mobile hotspot on my Samsung, without that I would be really goosed!

Pull the ethernet out or the coaxial and it notices straight away, so they must be communicating on some basic level! 🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

"Are you able to view live TV channels?" - Yeah check my other reply, I got there first😊!

Yeah, I had a look at the hubs on this site and mine is there with the flashing green up/down arrows.

7. Green internet light.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You might find that by following the deactivated equipment avenue with your TV box, this kicks the rest into action.

0800 9539500 and if the automated service fails, queue for an agent.

Otherwise, I'd post in the broadband section of the board as I can see you already have 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

japitts you must be psychic! That was my next question, I have a few numbers (Engineering Department, a more courteous sounding customer care, your new number and of course the default (keep you on hold for an hour and a half) never ringing again number!

I also have the last resort of the Virgin Buildings themselves (20 mins away) - that would have to be a personal visit. (no  putting on hold)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Oh wait that wa the number that put me on hold for hours! 😊
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv v6 won't connect what's wrong. I get c133 error

Please excuse my ignorance but I have had no engineers or documentation since VODEL dropped of thre route.

What do you mean by:-

1. Select the home button
  2. Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Network
  5. Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now

The only home button I can find is on the remote and that does nothing but grunt! I got no documentation with my kit so I am bluffing the best I can! If I re-activate again via phone would that have the same effect (remember we are dealing with BOTs here)

P.S. Thanks for the new link and new contact number (I think my phonebook has doubled in the last week!)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@kriptikchickenCan I very politely suggest that posting multiple times across different threads for what appears to be the same issue only leads to confusion... I've moved your post back to here to keep things tidy 🙂

The quote about pressing various buttons and menu paths on your remote is about as clear as I think it can be, it sounds like either your remote isn't working or...more likely.... you're back to having non-activated equipment.

I really think that calling through to get your equipment activated is the best thing you can be doing right now. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's not something that can be done online, otherwise I'd already have flagged this thread for a quicker response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully this may help. The equipment needs activating. The remote also needs pairing with the V6 box.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. "By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team."

The old method which still works is to reboot the hub and if the internet light is still flashing then as already advised you need to phone 0800 953 9500  to get your equipment activated. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

If that fails then you could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

If you didn't receive the V6 manual there is an online version Virgin_TV_V6_user_guide.pdf 

Instructions for the TV remote from the online manual.

One remote to rule them all Want to program your remote to control the volume and mute on your TV? Select
Home > Help & Settings > Help > V6 box >
Program your remote. Want to pair your remote, so you can hide your Virgin TV V6 box in a cupboard or use the 'find my remote' feature? Here's
how to do it:
1. Press the Channel Down button on the front of the Virgin TV V6 box for 10 seconds.
2. Then, hold the Info button down on the remote for 7 seconds.
3. The light in the top of the remote will flash green twice.
4. Your remote is now paired, so it'll work even if your box is hiding in a cupboard.

There is an online manual for hub 3   and this page shows what the hub3 light mean 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali