Menu
RajkoSrbin
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Catch-up or apps but TV working v210 error code amber light on box

I don't have any catch-up channels or apps and games, TV is working normally but have an amber light on my TV box. I've tried rebooting and the same appears. The catch-up has and error code V210 but I can't find the meaning of it on the virgin site. Checked the ethernet cables are all connected and internet is working on other devices. Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Catch-up or apps but TV working v210 error code amber light on box

I'm pretty certain from your amber light that you have a V6, but can you confirm?... https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

As per the same page, an amber light means you don't have a working internet connection on the box.

If your Ethernet cable from V6 > Hub is inplace, then follow (on the V6) Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

In the top-right, your connection status is shown. Does it report connected? If yes, click on "Connect to Virgin Media service now" at the bottom... give it perhaps 10-15minutes and then retry OnDemand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RajkoSrbin
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, tried that and had all ticks next to every test. Clicked ok to come out and still have the same messages 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How long have you had this problem for - has it worked on the same box in the past?

I can't recall the exact menu path off-hand, but under Help & Settings > TV Care, if you scroll along the top-line, there's an option for TV Speed test.

Does this run ok? Also, under the network connections screen, does the box report the (6hourly) regular connections "back home" as succeeding?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RajkoSrbin
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've had the problem since it was installed 2 months ago, can't even get prime or YouTube on there designated channels, I press the rec button but nothing happens. I wasn't there the day the install was done to make sure it all worked.

0 Kudos