Menu
CazHall
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Apps on TiVo Box

I have 2 TiVo Boxes, the one downstairs Apps are not working, I have rebooted several times, gone onto settings and reconnected, sent email to Virgin they have never replied, cannot get through by phone, this has been going on since last week really fed up with Virgin Customer Services, I am on the top package, pay a lot of money each month, feel it’s always a battle with Virgin when things go wrong.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Apps on TiVo Box

Which apps aren't working, and in what way are they not working - can you be specific?

Can you use OnDemand on the affected box? Try ITV. C4 or C5 CatchUp if you're not sure (BBC is another app)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CazHall
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

None of the Apps & Games are working, Youtube, BBC I Player etc I don’t use Netflix didn’t sign up to it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you watch programmes from OnDemand at all? And do you definitely have a TiVo and not a V6? Check here  If you're not sure.

Many issues with streaming on the TiVo are caused by the inbuilt internet connection failing, which VOD (On Demand) also uses.

On the front-left of your box are a series of green lights, does the second from left (with a painted heart symbol) ever flash?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
CazHall
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I am not very Technical person at all, it’s a V6 Box, cannot get past this point in all apps,keep getting this message on the screen for all the apps I try, for example BBC I player is currently unavailable, please try again in a few minutes (A01)

Checked all the wires, rebooted everything 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The V6 relies on connecting to your home-hub to get an internet connection, how is yours connected? It'll either be an Ethernet cable or WiFi.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the top-right reports your internet connection status, and WiFi signal strength if appropriate. What does it say?

I'm presuming your VOD doesn't work, but it's worth trying as I've previously mentioned.

0 Kudos
CazHall
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just looked on settings it says Wireless connection details , box number,  Signal  is 90% (excellent) I also tried the first option to connect to the Virgin Media Service went through all the connection menu finished all with a tick, still will not work. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

1: It's simple, but you've not said so... have you tried restarting your box? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or reset my TiVo box. Or flick the on/off switch on the back.

2: I've asked a few times, but you've still not said whether you can use OnDemand for, say, CatchUp? Could you try it please? That will help test the internet connection.

0 Kudos
CazHall
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your help,  turned the switch on and off on the box and it’s now working. We have tried everything except the switch on the box, thanks again. 

0 Kudos