Menu
andrewrozz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nicked from Sky, but think somethings missing(?)

So nicked from Sky and have Maxit TV with Sky Sports.

BUT

No HD on the box, only SD and not Sports on the GO app.

Is this right? Cant find anything via the main site help and Cust Services are never open when I can call.

A

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nicked from Sky, but think somethings missing(?)

I think Sky sports is only in SD on Maxit.

Sky sports is available through the Sky Sports app not Go.
On the Sky Sports app look for the VM sign in option (not the normal Sky TV option)

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@andrewrozz wrote:

So nicked from Sky and have Maxit TV with Sky Sports.

BUT

No HD on the box, only SD

If you want HD you have to pay £7 a month extra, as Sky put a supplementry charge on wholesale customers.

and not Sports on the GO app.

TV GO normally directs you to the Sky Sports app, which is the only place you can watch it.

Is this right? Cant find anything via the main site help and Cust Services are never open when I can call.

A

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
andrewrozz
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am genuinely annoyed tbh as I took the sales people on face value.

I was a Sky customer and, working away from home a great deal M-F, used the Sky Go app on my desktop to watch Sports (primarily).

I was able to take an upgrade to Sky Sports HD for £4 per month, but sadly there is no way to watch Sky Sports on the desktop version of Virgin Media Go from what I can tell (unless someone can tell me differently).

From VMs webpage:

Score sports action at home or away

Been kicked off the TV at home? No problem. Now you can watch Sky Sports on your laptop or computer, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch in a coffee shop, a hotel room or even at work (if you can get away with it) – in fact, wherever you’ve got WiFi, 3G, 4G or a broadband connection in the UK.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@andrewrozz wrote:

I am genuinely annoyed tbh as I took the sales people on face value.

I was a Sky customer and, working away from home a great deal M-F, used the Sky Go app on my desktop to watch Sports (primarily).

I was able to take an upgrade to Sky Sports HD for £4 per month, but sadly there is no way to watch Sky Sports on the desktop version of Virgin Media Go from what I can tell (unless someone can tell me differently)

Sky will not allow Virgin to carry Sky Sports on GO. You are forced to watch them on the Sky Sports app/website. You are also restricted to watching on one device at a time. Sky are always looking to poach customers from their competitors by not offering full services on competing platforms.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Here's how I can watch Sky Sports live on my Windows 10 desktop PC.

Go to https://skyid.sky.com/signin/sports/ and click on 'Virgin Media customers with Sky Sports or Sky Cinema, sign in here'. Sign in with your My Virgin Media details and click on 'Watch Sky Sports'. You get a list of live channels and can watch them if you've got the Desktop Player installed.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Tags (1)
0 Kudos