cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New v6 remote not changing the volume?

lesleykr1
Joining in

I had to have a new remote for my v6 box and want to use it to change the volume or mute. I could do this on the old remote.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @lesleykr1, and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please confirm if you've been able to complete the pairing of the remote controls volume feature on the TV since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lesleykr1,

You will need to pair the new remote to your V6.

if you follow the instructions on <<< this page >>>  you should get it working in next to no time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

The channels all work but the volume will not.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lesleykr1 You need to pair the remote with your TV in order to use the volume controls.  The V6 box doesn't have a separate volume control.

https://youtu.be/eSloQ7y6xkk

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @lesleykr1, and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please confirm if you've been able to complete the pairing of the remote controls volume feature on the TV since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn