cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New v6 box spec

Hughesb1981
Joining in

Recent upgrade to the latest v6 box has caused issues with how we control the system. 
can the latest box (which comes with i think a bluetooth remote) be controlled by an ir remote? If not is it possible to downgrade our system to operate via the former box? 
if not… do the mini boxes that attach to the new v6 operate with a different tech than the main boxes - thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V6 refers to the TiVO platform. Only the Arris made boxes can work on this platform, although they are upgradable to V360 Horizon. The new Humax main boxes are V360 Horizon platform only.

The new mini boxes (which still require a coax connection & have no recording capability except via the main box) also only work on Horizon. If you have two Arris boxes you can upgrade both to V360 & still be able to record on both boxes.

You cannot “mix” Horizon & TiVO. It’s either one or the other, & there is no going back once you have upgraded to Horizon.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hughesb1981
Joining in

Dont think any of that helped but ok 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hughesb1981 wrote:

Recent upgrade to the latest v6 box has caused issues with how we control the system. 
can the latest box (which comes with i think a bluetooth remote) be controlled by an ir remote? If not is it possible to downgrade our system to operate via the former box? 
if not… do the mini boxes that attach to the new v6 operate with a different tech than the main boxes - thanks 

Let's try from another angle then.

There are pictures of all of VM's TV boxes on this page - TiVo & V6 both run TiVo software, but what you're referring to as "the latest v6" and "the new "V6" I suspect, are not the V6 at all. But the 360 - this runs on the same physical box as a V6 but is not TiVo.

Miniboxes are indeed the 360's equivalent of multiroom V6, that don't have a hard drive.

If you have converted your V6 into 360, then they are no longer V6 and can never again be a V6. A conversion into 360 is a one-way change and cannot be reverted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks