Menu
Kaladari
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New v6 box not working

On Thursday we received a new V6 tv box as our previously very old tv box stopped working.  Tried setting it up but had no luck had error CS1012 cannot retrieve account info.  We rang your helpline and after the technician ran some tests from their end they told us that our broadband hub was too old to correctly work with the new V6 box.  So today we received the new broadband hub and have set this up and WiFi is working well with all devices we use, but the v6 box is still not working now we are just getting a welcome screen the box seems to be making some clicking noises and it just restarts.  Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New v6 box not working

You have not been sent a V6. You have been sent a TV 360 box which looks the same.

It won’t work because your account does not know about TV 360.

If this is your only TV box, you have two options.

1. Ask Virgin Media to send you a V6 and return the TV 360.

2. Ask Virgin Media to update your account to reflect TV 360, rather than V6.

If you take option 2, be aware that this means you will be changing to Horizon software instead of TiVo software. They are very different. You will also need a new remote with voice control.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New v6 box not working

I'm not sure about the hub being too old to work with a V6, but all the same...

@Kaladari wrote:

but the v6 box is still not working now we are just getting a welcome screen the box seems to be making some clicking noises and it just restarts.  Any help appreciated.

Clicking noises sounds like the hard drive dying - restarting box is probably the software trying to load, and failing.

I suspect the box might need replacing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos