Menu
cherrillo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New router

I had a new router and all ok, but I can't get Netflix or Amazon on the TV.  Connection problems.  Do I have to change any IP address?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router

If you're using a V6 box (Check here if you're not sure), its internet connection comes via your VM home broadband.

All OnDemand, streaming & TV Guide updates use the internet.

If you've got a new router, you'll need to connect your V6 to it. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cherrillo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos
cherrillo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's a tivo box.  I've tried to change network to the new router but I can't find anywhere to put in the new network address and password.  Can you help?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’m confused.

You say you have a TiVo, not a V6, and you also talk about Amazon Prime Video, which isn’t available on TiVo.

Can you clarify?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
cherrillo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apparently all the extra services on my tv, such as Netflix and Amazon, came through my internet via wireless on my last router. The standard tv comes through the cable. That is how I understand it?  The new router hasn't changed the standard tv, but I can't get any of the extra ones. 

Coincidentally, I am getting a new box, presumably V6?, so everything will come through the router via wireless, I believe?  Perhaps I should wait and see if the new box has a place I can put details of the router and password etc.? 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It would appear you are saying that you have a smart TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video apps.

If that is the case, you need to put the new router’s WiFi SSID and password into your TV’s settings, not your TiVo.

cherrillo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Done it!  Thank you very much.

0 Kudos